1. How has GAPSI performed as a company?
The company employee population has grown an average of 117% over the last five years, and the company continues to grow even during these tough economic times. GAPSI currently has approximately 450 employees located in all 50 states and territories including the territories of Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
2. What type of career can I expect to have at GAPSI?
GAPSI’s career opportunities are geared towards a wide range of individuals including experienced professionals, those holding security clearances, recent graduates, and former federal employees. We offer opportunities in an exciting variety of disciplines: Administrative Support, Professional Consulting, Natural Resource Management Services, Military and Soldier Support Services, Medical Administration, Human Resources, Information Technology and Services, and Program Support.
3. How does the BPA process work? And what purpose does the commitment letter serve?
DoS elected to implement a competitive BPA to provide a wide range of professional and operational support services for ECA/IIP. This means that every Task Order is competed and awarded to one company for the duration of the Task Order, typically a 2-5 year period. The commitment letters provide the Contracting and Program offices at DoS ECA/IIP the confidence that should GAPSI, for example, be awarded a Task Order, the individuals proposed to perform the work are committed to working with GAPSI. All candidates proposed must provide signed commitment letters in order to be considered for employment under the ECA/IIP BPA, including incumbent or already identified candidates. However, candidates do NOT need to sign commitment letters with all BPA holders. We highly recommend to candidates to take the time to understand the company, compensation, and benefits plans of any organization and employment opportunity and be 100% comfortable with that organization before signing a commitment letter. DoS will award Task Orders on a “best value” basis, meaning they will take in to consideration the price, candidates proposed, and commitment of candidates prior to awarding a Task Order.
4. Will I have someone at GAPSI who will be my dedicated point of contact throughout my employment?
GAPSI’s dedicated client services team employs a hands-on approach in working one-on-one with employees. Each client is assigned a GAPSI Specialist and Manager to ensure that you have the resources you need to be successful in the development and management of your career.
5. What community activities are GAPSI involved in?
GAPSI’s corporate culture is family and community-oriented. Employees contribute regularly to charities that benefit underserviced families in the Washington DC metro area. In addition, the owners of GAPSI founded the Kyra Macy Foundation, which is a non-profit animal rescue organization dedicated to placing abandoned dogs and cats in loving homes. Recently, PetConnect, a well established rescue organization, became a part of The Kyra Macy Foundation.
6. What benefits does GAPSI offer?
- Medical: Includes same sex domestic partner coverage, low cost visit and prescription co-pays. Plans offer a variety of choices to employees depending on an employee’s medical needs and preferences.
- Dental: Includes same sex domestic partner coverage, high levels of coverage for a variety of preventative, basic and major care services and a rollover program that allows employees to rollover unused dental coverage funds from one year to the next.
- Vision: Well known national vision insurance at a very low cost to the employee.
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance: 100% paid for by GAPSI
- Long Term Disability Insurance: 100% paid for by GAPSI
- Worldwide Travel Assistance: 100% paid for by GAPSI Provides assistance for both domestic and international travel. If you are injured while traveling and are hospitalized, a loved one will be flown in to be by your side at no cost to you. Additionally the plan provides lost luggage assistance, emergency cash assistance, and hotel/motel arrangements.
- Employee Assistance Program
This benefit, 100% paid for by GAPSI, provides employees with a resource for a variety of personal needs, including family and work issues, stress, depression and grief concerns, and assessment and referral services.
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability: Provides a source of income for employees who are out for an extended period of time due to illness, injury or surgery.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Both health care and dependent care accounts are available. Health Care account debit cards are provided to those who enroll making all funds immediately available to participants.
- 401k Plan: Company match is dollar for dollar up to the first 4%. Employees are 100% vested upon enrollment.
- Profit Sharing: Contributions at the discretion of the company are available to eligible employees.
- Holidays, Vacation and Sick/Personal Time: Generous paid time off is provided and rollover is allowed from one year to the next.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Provided for job related education.
7. Does GAPSI currently work with the Department of State?
GAPSI currently has multiple contracts with the Department of State, with more than 70 employees providing a variety of services. GAPSI currently supports the Foreign Service Institute with professional training and operational support; Fundraising efforts for a large Department of State campaign; and a growing number of professionals supporting ECA/IIP.
8. Will GAPSI consider current ECA/IIP contract staff for positions available on the BPA?
GAPSI considers all qualified candidates who apply for positions available through the ECA/IIP BPA.
9. How can an interested applicant apply for a position available on the ECA BPA?
Qualified applicants can contact our recruitment lead Emily McDermott at 703-707-2090.